Thursday 15 August 2013

Two years in the blogosphere

I started this blog two years ago yesterday. It’s main aim is still to keep a record of things I have been doing, but to make it public so that other trans people feel encouraged to feel that they can be themselves out in the real world.

So, as of yesterday, this blogging site's stats tell me that there have been 16,880 page views (up from 5,828 a year ago), exactly 100 posts (60 a year ago) and my 21 followers of last year have risen to 32 (hello, beautiful people!). Hits are averaging 1100 a month. About half the viewers are in the United Kingdom but a great many hail from the USA and a lot from Germany and Russia. Although, to be fair, compared to the size of their country, the most significant number of readers come from Latvia. The most popular post is “Nottingham Invaded Again” from March 2012, followed by my answers to the questionnaire for “Our Different Journey” (Jan 2013) and “Nottingham Invasion” of Jan 2012. People also like the “Funny Girls photos” (Apr 2012) and “Hell Bunny dress” (Oct 2011). Most people still come here from Samanthatgirl, which is Sam's excellent blog: http://samanthatgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Last year I thought the stats were a bit mystifying – i.e. I thought them a bit pointless, especially their obsession with what devices the blog is accessed by, but now I find they have a curiosity value.

Anyway, exactly as I said last year, if you've read something here that you liked, browsed some pretty pictures, or have been inspired or interested in any way at all, then I guess this blog has served some purpose apart from amusing me in the evenings.

Thanks for reading.

Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, from this junior bloggerette to a senior one. Sue x

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Becca. I should've offered cake and a balloon! Sue x

      Delete