Tuesday 14 June 2016

Vigil for Orlando

All over the world there are vigils and tributes to the victims of the mass murder of patrons at a gay club in Orlando, Florida.

There is a huge vigil in London's Soho tonight - thousands are there. It brings back memories of the gay pub bombing there in 1999, an attack by a similar loner motivated by similar reasons.

The majority of my friends are either gay or transgendered and so the people in Orlando were, in a way, friends I hadn't met yet. Now I can't.

I'm not ready to put on makeup yet but whatever pain I might get from doing so tonight is little compared to that of their families and friends, and all of us like them.

I doesn't matter what the haters do or say, I will never be able to deny or remove the fact that I am trans, always was and always will be, as all my many LGBT friends are who they are.

Let's keep acknowledging this even in the face of hostility and malice.

Love you.

Sue x





2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I've the words to describe the vileness of the murderer's crime.

    People have come together to decry what was done and show their support for each other, regardless of them being LGBTQI or otherwise.

    Dare I say, just being trans out & about, is a statement. We're here and we're not going away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I plan to carry on. I shall try to keep calm too. Sue x

      Delete