Sunday 31 December 2017

Review of 2017


Well, it’s the last day of the year and that means… it’s time to review my fem life this past year. The review of 2016 was one of the most popular posts on my blog so maybe you’ll like this one, too.

Life itself has been exceptionally difficult and so the days I managed to get out and about and be treated as Sue were precious. I forgot to write up about some of those events so this post is not a repeat of the past.

I went out with Sarah in February for a day out in London (http://suerichmond.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/another-day-out.html), a day’s shopping in March (http://suerichmond.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/and-out-again.html) and met up with the Brick Lane girls later that month (http://suerichmond.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/the-old-familar-faces-and-happy-routine.html). But I didn’t write up about meeting up with Gina in April. Gina’s popped up from time to time in my posts over the years and she contacted me as she was spending a weekend in London.

We met in Greenwich for the Star Wars exhibition at the O2 (the Millennium Dome as was). This was chiefly a display of props, models and costumes from the films, and in that respect was rather special.





But to pad it out you developed your own character, choosing species, psychology, role, etc. I ended up as this critter:



Fighter pilot, female (oh yes, believe me).


After a bite to eat we saw the last of the tall ships that were sailing downriver, some on their way to Canada apparently. It’s an annual regatta. 




And we went up the hill to the observatory, too. A nice day with a nice friend.



One evening in June I met up with my lovely friend Steph whom I hadn’t seen for years and we enjoyed dinner together in Chinatown. We had no idea what this flower-decorated car was all about but obviously it was a photo opportunity!



July, of course, was Sparkle (http://suerichmond.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/sparkle-2017.html), when it was so good to meet up with old friends and make new ones and take part in such a massive event.

October saw a gathering of girls in London for lunch (http://suerichmond.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/absent-friends.html), which was a nice little meet-up in old haunts.

A lot of the time I have spent in more androgynous mode, especially on holiday (see October). I have been pretty devastated by last year’s news from my doctors that there isn’t a cure for the eczema that has ravaged my face since 2014, and although I have been able to change my makeup so that there is now little serious effect, it has made me consider the possibility of presenting nominally male but feeling and looking a little more female. It’s not really me, though, as my femininity is important to me, as is being treated as female, so just wearing women’s clothing doesn’t satisfy. However, I did manage to have several worthwhile and desperately needed short breaks at last, to Lille in France, to Germany, to Wiltshire and Somerset, and to Prague with Sarah.

As for next year, 2018, I am hoping that I will be able get out more now that I have, I hope, a little more time and a new makeup regime that doesn’t seem to cause my face to flare up.

Here's my avatar for next year.

 

Thanks for reading and let me wish you a happy, prosperous and fulfilling 2018.

Love

Sue x



6 comments:

  1. Looking good, Sue! Glad you are able to get out a bit, despite the medical issue. And all the best to you in 2018...be safe overnight and on the big day!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for the new year, Sue. Good to see you out and about with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers cross you have a good 2018 and more opportunities to get out and be yourself, I certainly hope so. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete