Saturday 13 October 2018

An evening with Jo and Gina

Gina and Jo, who've popped up before in this blog, have come to London this weekend for some sightseeing. I met them at their hotel on Friday night and we enjoyed time together.

A few years ago Gina and I went to Belgo Centraal, the Belgian restaurant in the Seven Dials / Covent Garden area, and she wanted to go again. The food is not bad, the beer is excellent and the service fast. We were always addressed as "ladies" and that always goes down well with me. There weren't so many waiters dressed as Trappist monks this time, though. The one down side to this place is the acoustic so the noise level is high.






Personally I like the Kwak beer served in a glass that needs a wooden stand.



Continuing our beer themed evening, I took the girls to two old pubs, the Nell of Old Drury opposite the Theatre Royal and the Lyceum Tavern where the wooden booths are very cosy.




I hope the girls enjoy the rest of their weekend. Meeting up with them was a good start to mine.

Sue x


4 comments:

  1. Better a Kwak than a Ducky? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to say I had to look that one up (hangs head in shame at missed comedy cultural reference). It also took me while to understand that "Bob" mode came from the same source.
      Anyway, Kwak isn't cheep I can tell you (gedditt???!!)
      Yup, that's about my level of comedy. My friends seem to complain a lot about my jokes.
      Sue x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you're having fun. Enjoy!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandy. It was nice to be out with some of my oldest friends (well, they're not old, but you know what I mean). Sue x

      Delete