Saturday 29 February 2020

Women's clothes are so much nicer


It's that rarest of days, February 29th.

Having pretty much recovered from my various seasonal illnesses, and not yet apparently having caught coronavirus, it's time to celebrate healthy womanhood!

First, here's one thing I hate: I hate having to shop for men's clothes. There was an era when I spent so much time living as female and buying only women's clothes that in the end I forgot my sizes in menswear. I'm having to live officially as male at present as I go through the huge number of formalities needed to live abroad. (Incidentally, those who say that moving about within Europe is easy - or rather too easy - have no idea what they are talking about.)

So I needed some new trousers (shudder!) and when I got to a suitable shop I was delighted to find that some women's trousers had been mixed in with the men's. And in my size. So I did buy a pair of horrid boy trousers, but also a pair of black skinny jeans. I wish I knew why men's trousers are so horrible, always rough, stiff and misshapen. These women's jeans have lycra and fit perfectly as a result. And, they make me happy, as clothes do only if they reflect my reality, not the demands of the world.

Anyway, I returned a few days later and bought some blue jeans, some leggings, some sneakers and a hoodie from the jumble of clothing. Styles are often unisex these days anyway and all these items, even the leggings, could be worn by men or women pretty indifferently. Which suits me perfectly right now.

I did go more feminine than this recently, including proper care over my makeup and hair, and remembered to take some photos out on the terrace. I'm on the top floor part way up a steep mountainside so the views are pretty impressive and I've tried to capture some of that in the photo above.

As in my previous post, I have also, and not before time, updated my blogroll. Must try to get a suitable index or system of links to help navigate.

Sue x

8 comments:

  1. "...have no idea what they are talking about..."

    As my brother-in-law said about a work mate he didn't like: "He's a man tall on opinion and short on facts." :-)

    Looking lovely, BTW, Sue and good to hear you're dodging the outbreak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, hon.
      Yes, there are opinions and then there is truth. But the latter is so much more boring, isn't it? Just my opinion.
      Sue x

      Delete
  2. Pretty outfit! I know what you mean about women's clothes being so much nicer...even if it's women's pants and tops like I wear daily. Would hate to have to wear men's things again...

    Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandy. The dress here is an old, old favourite. I usually wear women's pants, too, but went for something more obviously feminine for the cameras!
      Sue x

      Delete
    2. Hope you're safe from the virus!

      Delete
    3. Yes, thanks, Mandy. See my new post (19 March). Sue x

      Delete
  3. I don't generally wear skirts or dresses, but still... all my clothes are off the women's racks. I never even look at the men's racks. Because: "women's clothes are so much nicer". Quite so :)

    ReplyDelete