Tuesday 31 March 2020

Transgender Day of Unvisibility?

I'm sure I won't be the first to point out the irony of celebrating Transgender Day of Visibility in a period when most of the world is trying to combat a pandemic by locking themselves indoors.

But, as I've said before here, visibility - that hard evidence of our existence and right to exist - may take so many forms these days. You don't actually have to be physically present out on the street to be visible. Thank you, internet.

So do make some e-noise today, whether you use Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, blogs, vlogs, forums, or other forms of communication, social media or whatever.

Here's me on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50605859@N03/
I don't use it much but it's a record of the good old days of being out and about. More importantly, it's further proof to the world that we exist and are part of society.

Stay safe and well at this tricky time. NB My two previous posts may be of help in combating coronavirus and lockdown, from a country that got hit early.

Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Keep on being you and getting out there, Sue.

    PS: the photo of you with the new earnings? I think you look fab in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn, and you too.
      I'm glad you like the photo. That one is perhaps my most personal, intimate shot.
      Sue x

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of making e-noise. Especially as I don't even need to get out my chair for that :)

    ReplyDelete