Wednesday 24 January 2018

Lighter makeup routine for more regular girl about town


When I went out last week I got away, for the first time ever, with just one coat of foundation and powder. Previously, I used to use an orange base coat to cover beard shadow and then two to three layers of oil-based foundation and powder. As well as hiding beard shadow this also reduces shine and bleaching from camera flash (a tip from the Boudoir). Oil-based foundation also stays on if a TGirl perspires (which can happen any time with a wig on, even in winter), and is certainly a problem I have had with water-based foundation on hot days.

My natural hair colour is a very dark brown so not even the closest shave could hide it. But I have realised that my chin hair is no longer brown but turning grey. Although a sign of ageing, it certainly makes life easier when applying makeup. To avoid any flareups of eczema in my sensitive eye area I am not currently wearing eye makeup or mascara. I wear glasses anyway so eye makeup is partly hidden and therefore not worth doing to impress. Instead I have always concentrated on having nice lipstick. This means that my entire makeup routine now takes about 20 minutes, as opposed to nearly an hour in the old days of heavy-duty cover.

And that means that I can much more readily put my face on and go out more spontaneously. New possibilities are opening up. On Sunday, despite the snow, and today, when it was pouring, I put on my face and went out for long local walks. It’s not that I’m attracted to foul weather, but that’s just when I happened to have a spare hour or two. Anyway, I’m waterproof! But the idea was to test and see how my face is tolerating a more regular use of makeup. The answer so far seems to be: pretty well.

Here’s me today in local woodland.

"I care not for the rain, not I" (Jerome K Jerome, Three Men in a Boat)
 
Sue x

5 comments:

  1. Looks good, hon. I generally don't do much with my eyes either. My beard area is predominantly gray. And since I sometimes leave from home, with my wife present, I tend to do concealer on flaws, foundation and the powder. Lipstick is done in the car...regular lipstick if only gone a few hours, or long-wearing if I leave for overnight.


    We do what we have to do...right?

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please take a moment to review "Emily's Virtual Rocket". (emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com) This has reviews of transgender life, plus a critical view of Donald Trump. Here’s what I cover:

    1- Donald Trump
    2- international (random)
    3- civil rights
    4- states (random)
    5- feature

    Sincerely,

    Emily Shorette

    thoreaugreen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind others advertising their blogs and sites here - it's a network after all - but the small return I ask is that you comment on my post. Sue x

      Delete
  3. Sue,I was really pleased to hear your news and commented on your picture on flickr. My eczema problems are nothing compared to what you've had to endure. I have found the main problem with going grey is to ensure adequate wig cover to the lower temples. I'm still searching for a wig which both suits me and will be suitable for getting out and about on windy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki. Yes, wigs... I always make sure mine is quite full. Sue x

      Delete