Monday 14 August 2017

Six years of blogging


Six years ago today I started this blog just to put something about me out there and to encourage other trans people to live a more as their authentic selves.

At the time I was testing to see if living full-time as a woman was viable and it looked like it would be. Then in 2014 my perennial problem - eczema - settled on my face and I couldn’t shave or wear makeup, so presenting a more feminine appearance was no longer possible.

I’m a lot better and can wear makeup again, provided I’m very careful, but obviously life is not the same. I have struggled to come to terms with my loss but have maintained my blog as I still want to provide support, information and news to anyone who might find it helpful.

So, here’s the current status of my blog, a little roundup I do every year.

I’ve always felt the stats that Blogger provides are a bit wonky and temperamental. I’m close to 100,000 views now, with visits increasing all the time, and 43 subscribers. Welcome to this year’s new subscribers, Rossanna Gabrielli and Rhonda Tipt.

The five most popular posts have changed quite a bit this year and by far the most read is the TGirl Bar 2013. And why not? Who wouldn’t want to be served a drink by this group of attractive, polite, hard-working, well-presented, sexy ladies? Or even be there working with us?



Next comes the old favourite, Nottingham Invasion, from January 2012,

My Resurrection, a post from late last year about returning to living outside again,

Nostalgia Trip to Pink Punters from 2012,

and last year’s Annual Roundup

Of course, I'm delighted to have been given an award recently for this blog by Feedspot (see previous post).

Thanks for reading. The trans community is facing troubled times from certain world leaders. I’m not going to be intimidated and will continue to express my reality as a transgender person, here and in real life.

Love to you all 
Sue x

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making six years. In internet years that's.... umm, ages! :-)

    Here's to another six and many more happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn. I will never catch you up, though. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Congrats babe! Quite a milestone... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Sue, and thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki. You were there for me in my infant days. By the way, your makeup's a bit heavy. Sue x

      Delete
  4. Keep those posts coming, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Calie. And thanks for featuring my blog on TCentral again. Sue x

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your sixth anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucie. You were one of the first girls in the blogosphere and were one of those who inspired me to get there as well. Sue x

      Delete