Tuesday 19 May 2015

Out with the old

It’s been a few weeks, little blog. Sorry about that.

In this period of exile I’m gradually going through old items of clothing and keeping what I know works for me. The less successful items - and I think every TGirl’s closet is full of such things - are being thrown out or given to charity shops.

It’s in our early days in particular that we buy stuff that cannot possibly work! Too small, too large, wrong shape, wrong style, ridiculous on us … the list of mistakes seems endless. I think we’ve all been there.

But it’s also those items that have worn out or become unfashionable that are going (avocado tights! - what were people thinking?) I’m sad about some shoes and boots that have to go because they’re worn out or broken as they bring back fond memories. I’m only keeping one old pair that’s bust, just as a memento of my first shoe purchase after I vowed to stop purging, nearly 20 years ago. Here’s a pair I loved, but the strap’s broken. Farewell, my lovelies, and thanks for the emotional lift you gave as well as the physical one.



Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Wonder if a shoe repair shop could have fixed them? They're cute shoes!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandy. I did think of repair, but the cost of that would be more than I paid for the shoes. I guess the old days when we mended and repaired are gone. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Parting is such sweet sorr - oh! New things!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I read that in a Homer Simpson voice...? Sue x

      Delete