Sunday 5 May 2019

Me time

I've spent the last week in Britain. Partly to catch up with certain friends but mainly to have a little bit of time to dress and apply makeup. Living abroad with family has many benefits but being my full trans self is not one of them.

Although most of my everyday clothes are now female, I dress androgynously, which is not hard as so many items these days, from shoes to trousers to tops, are unisex. But now I am in my den in Chester I can wear dresses and paint my nails. I love painting my nails and I got in party mood with this glittery red! One thing I can do in stealth mode, though, is grow my nails and I am pleased to have them long.





Chester is a great place for shopping, with all your standard high street chains plus many quirky independent retailers. I've just bought some comfortable women's trousers and two pairs of shoes, includng a comfortable pair of black patent ballet flats. As I am only a shoe size 5 1/2 (38) I am delighted to have found them in the girl's department! This saves me VAT and makes me feel that my small size, which is a liability when having to act male, comes into its own when I am able to be my female self.

Photos of travels in a later post.

Sue x


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had good time in Dear Old Blighty. Fab nails.

    The Jones Crew have spent some time in Chester, and I thought the walk along the river was one of the most beautiful parts of the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. Yes, I'm discovering the beauties of the river, too. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Wow, your nails look great! It's wonderful to be able to "not" own a lot of men's things... But I'm envious of your shoe size...I wish I had that advantage!

    Looking forward to the pix...

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, I've been enjoying your posts for a some time now but thought I would comment.
    Chester really is a paradise of good independant shops isn't it, I live about 20 minutes away just across the border in North Wales.
    Many years ago, for only my second trip out dressed in the daytime, after parking in the mulitstory car park near the ampitheatre, I spent 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon casually going around Chester city centre. I remember walking throught the ladies section of Debenhams in the Grosvenor Centre and being astonished at the prices of some of the handbags. Beautiful though they were - £300 upwards, I think not.
    So jealous of your shoe size, I'm an 8
    Hope you continue to enjoy life on your terms and get plenty of time to be the true you.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angie and thanks for your encouraging comment. That sounds like a really nice day out that you had. Hope you have enjoyed plenty more. Sue x

      Delete
  4. Hi Sue, sorry for the delay in replying, work got in the way. Yes, many such lovely days. From wandering around a very local car boot sale close and then in to town or country walks and dinner with some close friends, all as Angie. As I work from home and live alone, I have a lot of time to just be me as often as I choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one advantage to working from home and living alone! I found the same. If and when I am back in Chester we should try to meet up. Sue x

      Delete