Thursday 23 May 2013

Seasonal low

It always happens at this time of year – but much earlier than usual this year.

“I don’t want to be trans any more. Going to give this nonsense up and forget it.”

But I know from experience that in a few weeks it’ll be business as usual: down the salon for pretty nails, then a neat new wig, new shoes, a pretty frock for summer and those gorgeous tights that just can’t be passed up. And hey presto, we’re back in business again, en femme just about all the time. Happens every year, although in the past couple of years it’s been only a week or two of down time.

This year it’s worse, though. Partly because of the anniversary of all the abuse from other TGirls I had in May/June last year that’s made me more cautious. Plus a creeping realisation that a family inherited trait has serious implications for my and my siblings’ future health. Plus my abusive and enraged father’s deranged fit this morning: yet again a triviality turned him lurid purple with hate, he shook his fists, ground his teeth and spat and shouted and cursed and cursed and cursed just as he has behaved through the whole of my life. It makes me feel that I have now seen that bully for the last time. I’m not happy right now. But at least my fledgling business is keeping my mind occupied.

Hoping normal service will be resumed soon.

Sue x

10 comments:

  1. As if we didn't have enough baggage if our own without adding our families. I hope that you find your mojo again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure normal service will resume, it always does (well for most of us anyway) but I've always found from experience, it is a question of priorities at any given time which usually means putting ouselves to bed for a while. Then proirities change and we are back to normal. In this instance, your welfare and family concerns are taking priority. I'm sure you will be back to your old self in no time but if you want to chat, you know where I am. Take care and see you soon. Hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KD. Your thoughts about priorities are very valid. Will be in touch. Sue xxx

      Delete
  3. Summer's a good time to go on CD sabbatical, wearing a wig in hot weather isn't the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Demi. You are a practically-minded lady, lol! xxx

      Delete
  4. Have a holiday. Put your feet up and pack it all away until you fancy being... well, fancy. <3

    Is it something in the water, or some strange season twist of our brain chemistry? Whichever and whatever, enjoy the peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a certain degree of peace in one area when your mind is focused elsewhere! But, holiday? ... let me find my dictionary! xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh, tough times, Sue. Families can be so complicated at the best of times. Focusing on business may be best for a time, but not too long ... we've a meeting to fix up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. Sue x

      Delete