Sunday 13 September 2015

Tidying drawers


I’ve been spending a few spare moments this week rearranging my drawers. (That’s not a saucy seaside postcard gag, by the way, fnarr fnarr!) I’m getting rid of more stuff that’s out of date or worn out or doesn’t fit, like my shoe clearout a while back. But I was a bit shocked to find I have about 300 pairs of tights and stockings (I lost count) and 26 pairs of leggings and jeggings (even skeggings! – combined skirt and leggings in one, not a style that ever took off). I’m not sure of the point where footless tights become leggings – packet labelling can be a bit misleading. …Yes, I really, really like my legwear. As for skirts, tops, dresses, jeans, etc. I really wasn’t going to count. (As for my underwear drawers – well, they are none of your business!)

You see, it’s nearly 20 years since I stopped purging my clothes collections and fully accepted my trans side and I guess this is what accumulates. I have been swapping items with other girls over the years, giving things away and occasionally making trips to the charity shop but I think it’s time for a big clearout. Not, this time, in the hope of removing this trans element from me, but to make way for better, nicer stuff.

Sue x

6 comments:

  1. I thought I was bad, but 300 pairs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tights. Of all sorts. And I look after them so, yes, that's how many there are twenty years after I stopped purging. Sue x

      Delete
  2. I thought 300 was a film, not a count for hosiery :-) Wow. If you could punt those at even a quid a pair, that's a tidy sum.

    Good luck with the tidy up. Quality, not quantity and all that. L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I'm getting rid of the stuff that doesn't work. Tights always work, though. Sue x

      Delete
  3. Happens in all areas of life. Mrs D and I cleared out the kitchen cupboards recently, and found we had over 30 sponge scourers lined up. With small ticket items, it is easy to buy them just in case we need them, but 300 is good going.
    Perhaps a time-lapse video of you putting on as many pairs as you can :-D ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a challenge! Is there a Guinness Record for most different pairs of tights put on in one day? I buy my tights, though, for what's in fashion, what's needed for the season, the event, etc. Funky for parties, thick for winter, light for summer, dark or light or coloured for what matches or what's in fashion. No purchase is superfluous! Sue x

      Delete