Friday 14 August 2020

Blog anniversary, and the current Top Ten

Every year I do a review of this blog on its anniversary. Here's review no 9.

I first started writing here following a lovely day out at Painshill Park in Southern England with Stella Michaels. The background photo was taken there. It was that day that made me think I should blog my adventures as a memento and as a way of encouraging others to live their trans life more openly.

Blogger has recently revamped itself, which suggests it will be around for a while yet, so this is where I propose to remain. Some features don't work too well and it isn't easy loading photos. To be honest, I never find apps or programs or computery stuff very easy at the best of times but I'll stick to what I've managed to get to grips with here.

Thanks to new followers for joining me, Michelle Hart and Susan Nicole Beach being the latest, and to my longer-term readers.

I won't bore you with all the stats that Blogger provides but just to note that it's now easier to label posts and that should provide a better guide in future than the timeline, so I shall start labelling.

I don't provide a popular posts section as that simply makes the same posts read over and over. As recently confirmed by scientists, success breeds success, so a popular post simply becomes more popular because it's been read before, not necessarily because it's inherently better, whereas I like to think every post has some value. However, I often provide links in these annual roundups so, in reverse order, readers' Top Ten Popular Picks as of mid-August 2020 are:

10 Our Different Journey - my answer to Lynn Jones's survey asking trans women to tell how their lives have unfolded: Our Different Journey

9 Roz White - transgender writer - a review of successful transgender fiction writer Roz White from Scotland, whose "Sisterhood" series is popular and true-to-life: Roz White, trans writer
NB - the links in this post no longer work (plus Roz and I have now managed to meet several times :-) )  but her work can be bought and reviewed on Amazon: Amazon: Roz White 

8 Annual Roundup - my review of 2016: Annual Roundup 2016

7 Sparkle 2013 - a great weekend at the world's biggest transgender event: Sparkle 2013

6 Nottingham Invaded Again - my second trip to the city of Nottingham for a memorable night out with the girls: Nottingham Invaded Again

5 The Boudoir - a tribute - how I developed my look during three makeover sessions at Jodie Lynn's Boudoir dressing service in London: The Boudoir - a tribute

4 My Resurrection? - how I hoped to return to going out regularly after a disfiguring ailment: My Resurrection?

3 Nostalgia Trip to Pink Punters - I revisit a popular LGBT nightclub: Nostalgia Trip to Pink Punters

2 Nottingham Invasion - a great night out with over 50 other girls: Nottingham Invasion

and the most popular by far

1 The T-Girl Bar 2013 - how a bunch of beautiful trans barmaids thrilled the visitors to an adult trade fair in London: T-Girl Bar 2013

I suspect the fabulous photos of us gorgeous bar staff and the amazing burlesque talent on show are what people enjoy most about that post.

Altogether, then, people seem to like to read about large groups of trans women in high-profile public events. I feel proud to have taken part in so many visible and important events like these - the Nottingham invasion's purpose, for instance, was to make us visible in regular places (not just LGBT clubs).

But in future entries I may provide links to other posts that didn't quite make the cut this time, as they were popular in their day.

Enjoy, thanks for reading and for joining me in my tenth year here. Stay safe and pretty.

Sue x  

6 comments:

  1. Wow, quite a collection and congratulations on the blog anniversary.

    Was Our Different Journey really back in 2013? That feels like such a long time ago. Plus, I had to move the site a few years back. Do you ever think about revising your answers and seeing how they've and perhaps you, have changed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, thanks. I thought you'd deleted the site. If you've merely moved it, pls could you let me have the new address? As for revisions, I think my answers would be the same now as they were then. Sue x

      Delete
    2. I moved all the replies (interviews?) to Blogger and then to YATGB. I think they are on a page that needs to be published, although I do wonder about folks' privacy as I'm not in touch with a lot of those who were kind enough to write in. Maybe it's time for another batch?

      Delete
    3. I'm taking the legalistic view (as in my comment to your recent blog post) that stuff online has been published, in this case with consent of the parties, so it's continued use is acceptable unless someone asks for anonymity. But no harm in an update. I think the exercise was useful, even cathartic, to the writers and informative to the readers. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary, Sue. Nine years. Very good :)
    I need to get back into it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan. It's been a weird year for everyone so it's not like anyone's had normal stuff to talk about. That means some bloggers have found new life because of the unexpected spare time, others have been spooked into silence. I look forward to your next offering. Sue x

      Delete