Monday 11 March 2024

A bit of a break

 Sometimes you need a break from the routine so I took the last week or so out from the blogosphere and social media. It's not like there's as much cheerful reading out there these days as there used to be! 

There are various things that have gone wrong in my home largely because of the wet and windy weather we've had of late. A small leak from the roof, a faulty air con unit and other electric problems. I continue to suffer from some sort of allergic reaction that makes me sneeze a lot and can't put my finger on it, although that's diminishing now.

But, on the positive side, I have been losing weight as intended, although not as rapidly as before. That slowdown is intentional as it's not healthy to crash down. Last Friday I had this urge for chocolate and wine, both of which I have largely avoided these last six months, and thoroughly enjoyed a 200g bar of milk chocco with hazelnuts and a bottle of easy-drinking red. I've got those cravings out of my system now and my weight-loss plan didn't seem to suffer too badly for it. I'm over half way to my target of 50lbs (22 kg) off. When my nose stops running and ruining my makeup, I'll take those wretched update photos I keep planning and never being able to do. Who said trans life was easy?

The daughter of a very good friend of mine is coming next week to help me with some secretarial/clerical work I need doing. As her mother is a very supportive trans ally and her sibling has spent some of her teenage years socially transitioned as F-M (although now seems to be reverting to F), I think I will have pleasant support from a young person. I have every confidence in this younger generation that seems far more humane and in touch with gender and sexual realities that previous generations, including mine.

I have also made plans to revisit the UK in May, partly to continue dealing with residual administrative matters and also to see friends I wasn't able to see during the Brexit and Covid years.


A dip in the archives

Seven years ago I went for a day out in London with a friend. It was cold, but going out as a tourist in the low season was a good plan. Here's me at Buckingham Palace.



You can read the story of my day out here: Another Day Out

Sue x

6 comments:

  1. Bah humbug to allergies and sniffles. Hopefully you're rid of those soon enough.

    As to a break, yes, it's a tricky one. Do you write about the nasty stuff to push back, disagree with it, or mock it? Or do you post (mostly) good news, because of the lies and BS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. Sniffles improving.

      I try mainly to post positive stuff these days. The rubbish is mainly from the UK and US at the moment, and that's one reason why I now live in Europe where things are still not too bad.

      Sue x

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of sniffles, there is certainly an art to blowing your nose while wearing makeup, I haven't mastered it yet !

    Avoiding chocolate and wine for 6 months, that is an achievement, I bet it tasted divine after so long :)

    Izzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Izzy.

      Most of the times I have gone out en femme, I always took a precautionary antihistamine before leaving the house so as to reduce the likelihood of ever having gto blow my nose.

      The goodies were delicious and I kind of scratched a sudden itch and don't need any more for now.

      Sue x

      Delete
  3. Nice foto from then dear Sue. I hope you will have a good assitance for the work which is to be done. Sorry to hear about the problems at your home but good to hear about the weight-loss you have aspired.
    All the best and a good time and thanks for your visits to my blog.
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Violetta. Everything is going well at the moment. Sue x

      Delete