Sunday 29 January 2012

Telling my friends - with love and thanks

I have grown tired of leading something of a double life in recent years and so have decided that it is honest to let the friends I have known for a long time know about the changes that have been happening with me. This week I have told four close friends about what has been going on in my life over the last few years. As I know that they have been dropping in on my blog I'd just like to thank them here for their understanding and love.

Life hasn't been remotely easy as a transgendered person so having friends who are prepared to listen and support is more uplifting and relieving than I can put in words. I am beginning to feel that I can live in society as the person I actually am without the sky falling in and that's thanks in large part to them. In fact, the enthusiasm of some of my friends at this news has been a thrill. Yes, girls, let's go shopping soon!

Thank you, Jo, Chris, Daniela and Matthew. And also Jan, Lucy and Richard who have known for a while. I'm privileged to have you as friends.

Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment