Sunday 31 August 2014

Friends' moral support

I've spent the last two weekends on Britain's South Coast, staying with trans friends each time. In deference to the fact that I have not been able to shave for 6/7 weeks and therefore couldn't appear as Sue as I would otherwise have done, my friends each insisted on spending the time in male mode. I told them this was quite unnecessary and that I would be delighted if they went out in female mode as they are accustomed to, but both told me that they preferred solidarity with my plight. They are well known as trans in their communities and dress more often than not but are quite relaxed about their roles so I don't think it detracted from their enjoyment or made them lose out too much, but I did feel warmed by their generosity of spirit.

Sue x

PS Just as an update on my eczema, my drastic remedial action has led to quite a lot of improvement and I have little or no remaining eczema on my hands, forehead or neck. My chin is still not good but what's there is now hidden by beard and I think it is slightly better. There's quite a way to go yet, though.


3 comments:

  1. That's two lots of good news in one post! Your friends sound very kind, to do that for you and I hope your eczema continues to abate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to hear some better news! As for your friends, Sue, they are showing true solidarity. Good for you and I hope things carry on improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. It's been fun, and encouraging. Sue x

    ReplyDelete