Sunday 6 July 2014

Summer's here

Hello little blog

I got back from my summer break nearly two weeks ago but then immediately had a lot of work on and this last week I have been sorting various things out at home and trying to get some sun since there has been beautiful weather. Really hot, fine days are not common in the UK so you need to make the most of them when they come. This all means it's been a while since I last posted.

I'm going to sort out a few photos and write a proper description in due course of my time in the Lake District followed by a couple of days in Manchester and then a long weekend in Nottingham, including my return to the Nottingham Invasion. KD has already blogged about meeting up in Manchester http://kaydenisepublicblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/wasted-time-and-quality-too.html

Now I'm starting to prepare for Sparkle next weekend, the tenth year of this brilliant event and the fifth one that I will have attended. I haven't got any particular plans since for me it's mainly the best opportunity in the year to meet up with loads of my trans friends.

In other news, health is so-so: I am losing weight very gradually and actually managed to lose a little on holiday, which is amazing. My eczema is very bad and it was a struggle to cope with even just four times en femme during my holiday. It doesn't look it because when I am in girl mode it's hidden under makeup but when you take the makeup off it's very sore. I don't know how much of Sparkle I will actually be able to do, but all four days seems unlikely. I just have to take it one day at a time.

Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment