Friday 5 November 2021

More trans wins

 I'm pleased to see more trans representatives have been elected or re-elected in the USA this week: Danica Roem in Virginia (re-elected), Thu Nguyen in Massachusetts, Xander Orenstein in Pennsylvania, Andrea Jenkins in Minnesota, Dion Manley in Ohio. These are just those who are out; there may be others who choose to keep their LGBTQ+ status quiet. It's not necessarily relevant, after all. Given the wins for candidates in other countries in recent years, such as a local councillor of mine, I think we are showing that trans people make good, responsible, representative citizens. What are the transphobes scared of?

LGBTQ Nation: big wins 

I'm a bit late posting as I've been trying to get my head round the implications of the conversion therapy consultation in my former country of the UK. The implications are not as positive as they might appear at first glance. I have to get my head in the right frame of mind to share tips on dealing with governments as the subject actually distresses me but I will try to do that as soon as possible. 

 

A dip in the archives

I haven't got back to painting for years now but back in November 2012 I did my first art show as Sue. There are many trans artists around so I wasn't breaking ground there but it was a big first for me having my name in print and meeting the public as an out trans person. The pics were all portraits of TGirls in fairly simple style slightly inspired by Julian Opie (this is what he doing at the time: Opie 2012)

2012 post: On public view

Maddy
 

Trans representation takes many forms!

Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment