Friday 1 September 2023

The switch - more feminine

 I've not posted in a little while because this time of year is difficult. Throughout my life, work (or school) has always got going in early September so the end of August has therefore always been a time to enjoy the last days of carefree summer with its feelings of warmth, freedom and release before serious things begin again. There's a sort of pregnant expectancy in the air in late August and you want to make the most of the time you have to yourself before 'real life' kicks off again. I would prefer that there weren't these brusque changes but there's definitely a switch in mood and activity between August 31st and September 1st each year.

Thanks for the good wishes regarding the forest fires and other problems we had during the heatwave. Last weekend the weather changed, we had heavy rain, waterspouts on the sea and more lightning than Zeus has unleashed from his armoury for many years. Well, at least the fires are out and the temperature is a more manageable 26C (79F) today.

In the high summer, when it's 30C or more at night, I wear little other than my underwear in bed, but last night was cooler and I went back to wearing a nightie and feeling the extra material on me actually gave a feminine kick to my system. Rather than just a bikini, as I've worn in the daytime over the last two months, I have a fitted top and short skirt on tonight and that looks and feels so right. Although I don't have dysmorphia - I don't feel my body is wrong - I do find that the more feminine I can look, the more I feel right and happy. I don't have a fully female body, of course, but my clothing boosts my confidence in my femininity. I've always felt that clothes were so important to trans people not, as many would have it, because they are fetishy but because they give the clearest signal of intent, like a badge of belonging. I am a woman: here's my skirt, kind of. So if you are trans, when you can wear more, you actually feel more of a woman. The main benefit of autumn is the ability to look and feel more femme.


Pretty thing 

The type of bold flower we have at this time of year. Such a stunning colour.


Sue x

5 comments:

  1. If something helps you feel good about yourself - either through acceptance, validation, or similar - I'm not sure how that's a bad thing. To be comfortable on your own skin, I think that's something we'd all benefit from, regardless of gender or sexuality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Lynn. I guess the more I can cover the masculine aspects, the better I feel. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Dear Sue, Thanks for your nice posting. I do not share the sharp change that you describe come September 1, but I can feel it in the air one day that summer is over. September 1 sharp (expect for when it is still very hot) for me marks the start of the nylon season. As you know, I go out en femme maybe once of twice a month, but I underdress every day. And between September 1 and May 15, it is (for the most part) pantyhose season :-). Love, Franzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, dear Franzi. It's still summer here (28C yesterday) but the change I notice is not so much connected with the weather but with the start of the work year. The change in date has a powerful effect on my mind, switching from summer mode to work mode. Maybe I should stop thinking of it as work season but as nylon season, like you. That's a much better idea! Sue x

      Delete
  3. And I wear a nighty every night - no matter - something warmer with long sleeves in winter and something short and sweet in summer :-)

    ReplyDelete