Tuesday 21 March 2023

Trans Rights Readathon

 I'll save my quirky Barcelona photos for next post as I've just come across the Trans Rights Readathon that runs from March 20th to 27th. This is what it is:


 
A lot of bookshops, libraries and reader organisations seem to be participating and given the increasing curtailing of trans rights in many nations this is one way of helping trans writers, booksellers and trans awareness generally.

There seems to be a Facebook page, too: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/transrightsreadathon

Therefore, as part of this initiative, I'd like to promote two writers here, both of whom I've been reading recently. One is trans fiction writer, Roz White, whose Sisterhood series of novels goes from strength to strength. The situations are very true to life and involve characters at all stages of their trans progress. See her page on Amazon here: Roz White

 

I've written about Roz's books before: Roz White: transgender writer (NB the links to Lulu and Coolbeans in that post are no longer relevant as Roz is solely with Amazon now). Roz is a good friend but her books stand on their own merit and that's why I plug them.

The other trans writer I've read recently is Chrissie Chevasutt whose autobiographical Heaven Come Down falls within the "my transgender journey" genre as well as the "my spiritual journey" genre. It is a well-written roller-coaster ride of emotions and extremes, yet has passages of evocative prose describing scenery and surroundings that is much in the style of Laurie Lee. Recommended.


It's been published by Darton, Longman & Todd and if you wish to buy it you can do so directly through their website or through your local bookshop. 

Happy reading. 

Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment