Tuesday 2 May 2023

We can rebuild her

 Positive news now. I was beginning to feel people might think me a fraud for writing about trans life but rarely appearing en femme on these pages of late. Not any more as I have, after nearly five years, been reunited with my "feminine critical kit" that was in storage in one location whilst I was living a thousand miles away. On my trip to Britain - yes, that has finally happened - I've now found the box with all my newest wigs and wig care kit, my makeup, my jewellery, several perfumes and, most importantly, my breasts. You've no idea how good it feels to have these items back.

There's quite a story attached to these items. On the day I moved house in autumn 2018, I was hit by a cyclist on the pavement and my leg was damaged enough for me to need crutches for several weeks and I wasn't able to walk properly for about 18 months afterwards. But on that moving day I had put my feminine critical kit into a special box to be kept at the front of my storage unit for easy access later. Since I was agonising on the floor of the facility after the accident, I wasn't able to direct the removal men properly and the box ended up somewhere at the back instead. No matter how hard I looked in subsequent visits, I couldn't find it and I wasn't in a position, as I limped about, to heave everything right out of the unit simply to find this one box.

Then there was a flood in the storage facility during a storm in August 2020 when I was locked down in Italy and the storage people dried and repacked all my items that had got slightly wet. My feminine critical kit was in a new box which they had politely labelled "wigs, makeup and beauty". I'm not sure what they made of a lot of loose boobs in a crate, but I guess they see all sorts of stuff in their storage, and I reckon the term "beauty" covers it!

So now I have all my lovely things back and can sift through them all to throw out anything that's unusable, like eye makeup, and get back to wearing my proper boobies again. That will make such a difference to my femininity that's been, well, deflated these past years without this stuff. And it's not like it was easily replaceable during lockdowns and such, especially as some things, like a lot of my jewellery, has sentimental value as it is presents from friends.

Going through Batch 1 ... there's plenty more where this came from!


So more selfies soon, I hope. 

I have been on a shopping spree for new underwear, too, but also got a lot of my old clothes from storage. And I'm reunited with my old desktop computer with lots of the photos I've been missing. I will also write about the emotional roller coaster that going back to Britain has been.


Kate Collins

I left my post on Kate up for a couple of weeks as I have been upset enough not to want to write more. Thanks to Calie at T-Central for promoting my tribute so girls all around the world know how much we will miss her. I've seen some lovely words of condolence and memorial online. 

I am not certain about Kate's funeral at the time of writing.

Sue x


8 comments:

  1. Good to hear you got there and back again. Is that a line from The Hobbit? 🤔

    FWIW, completely understandable in needing some time away and not sure after your friend's passing. Please do not think anything negative on that break. 💜

    Good to hear - and see - that you are reacquainted with your wigs, make-up, and beauty items 😉 Hopefully feeling more femme should put a spring in your step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. I'm awfully busy sorting out all sorts of stuff but will get round to glamming up properly soon. Sue x

      Delete
  2. I look forward to a fashion show of your stash ! - since 2019 didn't realise it had been that long, I can see how it's return must have been a very happy event.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Isobel. I think "fashion" might be a generous term for a lot of it! I've just realised my typo: it was 2018, in fact. Now corrected. Sue x

      Delete
    2. :) well they may come back into fashion one day


      Delete
    3. Well, I guess fashion does come, go, and come back again. So does my waistline, and that can be an inhibitor to wearing the same items when they're 'in' again. Now if only I could get the two to coincide! Sue x

      Delete
  3. Oh, that´s great that you´ve got all your stuff again. You had a terrible story with your accident and your legs . I hope you are doing well now.
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog and leaving your nice words.
    All the best and have a good time
    Violetta
    https://violettaarden9.blogspot.com/2023/05/wieder-mal-burg-und-mehr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Violetta. I appreciate your kind words. Sue x

      Delete