Monday 3 July 2023

Do I look good in red?

 I've always had a thing for pink. If I didn't, this blog wouldn't be written in pink ink, would it?

But a female friend of mine has often commented that I actually look good in red. My mother looks good in red and I often feel I look a bit too much like her, but she has the advantage of having jet black hair whereas mine is dark brown and my wigs tend to be based on chestnut hues.

What do you think? Here are some photos that have sparked my friend's comments.




If you're wondering, I look very much like my mother in this pic:


I usually wear pink or floral prints or black but I'm now wondering if red is something I should go for more. It draws more attention, but you also need to pick items that are most complimentary to yourself, too. I recall going to the Boudoir dressing service many years ago now and being told that I should go for shorter skirts and the reason is that I am short (5'4" or 163cm) so longer skirts make me look shorter, shorter ones make me look taller (and don't forget the heels!) 

So I'm always ready to take advice to look better and comments are very welcome. Take a look at my photo gallery here for comparison with other outfits: Gallery


Pride Month

I won't post much on Pride month just ended other than to say that we need a lot more than just a month to make our rights and existence known. Although these Pride events do go on for much of the summer, it's true. The more the better, frankly. 

I was sorry to see that Marseilles Pride in France at the weekend had to be cancelled at the last minute because the police pulled out since they were, they say, needed to quell rioters, although I can't help feeling that their prejudice against immigrants is also showing in a more subtle way against the LGBT+ community. What better way to reduce tension in a big city than a big colourful parade all about tolerance, with the police acting merely as stewards?

Anyway, the Guardian newspaper in the UK has some pictures from London Pride last weekend that are colourful and fun:

London Pride 2023

Sue x

10 comments:

  1. If you don’t mind, I’d like to take a look at https://emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com. There are four sections:

    1- A Wikipedia section which features LGBT people of note. When possible, transgender folks are featured. On Sundays Leeja Miller takes over, with legal blogs.

    2- “Livin’ in Connecticut” is here, with various towns and cities featured. If you live in Connecticut, or know someone who does, please sign the petition.

    3- Transgender news is here. Various newspapers are featured, among others.

    4- Ed Trevors is here. He is an Anglican priest, with a liberal bent. I appreciate him more and more each day. I hope you will too.

    Please leave comments in the blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by, Emily. I'm sorry to reply to your comment only now, but Blogger put it into spam to start with. I've corrected that and look forward to future communications. Sue x

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful in your red outfit. And I think I look like my sister when I wear a certain wig - that´s family relationship.
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like the style - be that colour, cut, pattern, etc - then who's to say otherwise? 🙂 It's true that some tones and fittings bring out the best in us, but I think a person's confidence and self acceptance are the best accessories 💜

    PS: Nearly forgot to say you look fab in those photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. I guess I was asking as I was focused on pink or black and hadn't given red so much thought. I may now get into it more. Sue x

      Delete
  4. Lady in Red is now playing in my head an ,,,😀 Enough about the wierd connections my brain makes, I love a touch of red to brighten up a outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sue, I also think that you look great in red. Red is wonderful color and something I tend to not wear in boy mode. I do wear some pinkish pants, shirts, and polos in boy mode, though. Thanks for sharing the link to your gallery. I love your facial expressions and your posture in many of the pictures, as they seem so naturally feminine. BTY, I do not at all look like my mother and as I do not have a sister, I am missing that comparison. Love, Franzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Franzi. I am a feminine person and when I am dressed properly as a woman that femininity can blossom. I will try more red. I did like your red pants in your recent post. Sue x

      Delete