Friday 28 June 2024

Return to routine ... and the bulging wardrobe

 I'm quite tired and I slept nearly 12 hours last night. This month I got back from five weeks in Britain and then hosted guests twice. I need to get back into my own routine again. 

My last post stated that the climate where I now live is deemed the best. I have to say that the weather this year has been poor all over Europe, though, with above average rain, cloudier skies and, these last two weeks, a Saharan sandstorm that keeps dumping red sand over everything. I have access to a beautiful open-air swimming pool but it opened late for the season because the sand was clogging the filters and machinery. I keep washing vast quantities of sand like brick dust off my terrace, and all my clothes on the washing line end up dusted with it. You should see that state of the cars! OK, first-world problems and all that.

I did bring a number of old favourite items back from Britain, including that floral dress I wore when I went out with Stephanie.


Also lots of items of underwear and hosiery from my vast collection that's still in Britain. I keep buying new clothes here and I'm really going to have to get a new chest of drawers to cope. A TGirl never has enough space for all the clothes she needs. Yes, needs! And she usually has to have some items for "his" wardrobe as well. I'm almost rid of that "double collection" of his and hers now, though, by buying clothes off the women's racks that can do double duty as menswear when I have to present as male. I know that my clothes are women's clothes, so that keeps dysphoria a bit more at bay, but the rest of the world doesn't know they are unless they look very closely at, say, my jeans and see that they do up the "wrong" way. And what are you doing looking at my fly anyway, you pervert!

I also need to get back to my slimming routine, which has been interrupted for two months. Inevitably, I put weight on because I lost some control over what I was eating and drinking whilst away from home or whilst catering to guests. But I'm getting straight back to the plan. 

I'll also now have time to post the adventures from my time away, transgender art news that's been accumulating, and tell about my new feminine purchases. Watch this space. 

Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Space duly watched, Sue. As to wardrobes, yes, familiar with that dilemma too. Funny, my bloke stuff is jeans, some shorts, a dozen funky shirts, three sets of shoes (boots, Converse, and Birkies), and the usual t-shirts & hoodies to layer up. All of that can be swapped around and nearly everything mixes & matches due to a lack of pattern and colour. However, my femme wardrobe, that's another story and more of an eye is needed to prevent clashes and the wrong shoe/tights/tip with whatever else is picked. I feel your pain. 🙂

    ReplyDelete