Saturday 19 August 2023

A woman trapped in a dog's body

Thanks for your kind comments on my anniversary post. 

Now, what's the difference between a beautifully dressed woman and a tired dog?

The woman wears an evening gown, the dog just pants!

Today, I am like the dog. The North Africa heatwave is back and it's best to do little, just aestivate. I'm still recovering from this bronchitis thing (I'm sure it's not Covid) and I didn't have a good night last night with the heat and the coughing. However, in the last few days I've felt able to go back to the swimming pool, where the water has been beautifully refreshing and the exercise has done me good. There are no mosquitoes this year, thankfully, but there are a lot of cicadas making a racket in nearby trees. I do like the hot summer and maybe I'm just lazy at heart. My girly swim shorts and bikini top are enough clothes for today! So, like the dog, I'm sprawled out, panting.

Image Credit: Liliboas/iStock/GettyImages

What's good, though, is that when it's very hot I eat less and better. Yesterday, for instance, I just had a big bowl of mixed salad and some fruit for lunch. I've lost over 6 kg (1 stone) since 1 June so that's all for the good.


"Gary" review

I'm pleased to hear from my friend Grace that the play Gary she was performing in at the Cockpit Theatre in London went well and there are two more performances at the Etcetera Theatre on 3 and 10 September. Here's one review of it that gives it 3.5 stars out of 5: Luvvie with a Rollaboard review.


I hope to be in London in October and if they still have performances then I will try to catch it myself.


What, me worry?

I see MAD magazine is still going. As an occasional reader I used to enjoy the film parodies most, and the fantastic work of cartoonists like Mort Drucker and Don Martin.

I found this page in an archive site and I'm sure Mad won't mind my copying it.

I'm not sure Miami was ever quite like this. And sounds even less so right now. But it made me laugh.

(C) Mad magazine


Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sue, I wish you all the best and a soon recovery from your bronchitis. I like(d) the MAD Magazin much in former times and did not read it for years - and this is a great cartoon -fitting to our theme. Made me smile, too.
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Violetta. I am getting better day by day. I'm glad you enjoyed the cartoon. Sue x

      Delete
  2. I hope the hot weather is helping fight the cough. Such infections can linger on, and if it's been more than six weeks (or if any -ahem- material is bright green), do seem medical help.

    Congratulations on the weight loss, exercise, and healthy eating. That does sound like a good result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. I am improving and life's almost normal again ... well, normal for the Med in August! Sue x

      Delete