Wednesday 10 April 2024

Working plushie

 I was delighted to receive my Coco Peru doll all the way from Canada. She comes with a glow-in-the-dark alien friend. 


 

I've always liked Coco Peru with her disapproving look and catchphrase "This bothers me". Although she identifies as a drag queen, my T-radar senses there may be a lot more going on with her than mere entertainment. Her shopping trips on YouTube, for example, are enjoyable - just like any TGirl vlogging about Walmart, but with added dry humour. She's touring the UK right now.

Anyway, I now have a bit of modern culture in my own home.


And the glow-in-the-dark alien lives in the bedroom and now gives me the heebie-jeebies if I wake up in the middle of the night.

I never used to have soft toys but a tit-for-tat good luck soft toy exchange with a friend a few years ago spawned four dragons and a cow. The dragons here are not ancient fire-breathing magical creatures who sit upon hoards of gold but modern radiation-spewing jerks who normally guard my ill-tempered printer, my mobile phones and other electronic junk that we have to have these days. Given that this afternoon my banking app failed, my printer wouldn't print and my email was down for maintenance, I am trying to avert a nuclear explosion. Meet Rosa Chernobyl, Skye Fukushima (with bunny), Spike Windscale and Sapphire Threemile.


 We met Raimonda de Ray and the whale last week. They were bought to act as unusual cushions as Raimonda's colours matched the cushions I already had.


Thank you for ideas for a name for the whale. One commentator here suggested Moby, another Marina. Thanks, I shall consider those (along with an unrepeatably crude name from some other person elsewhere).

There's also Cuthbert the Snake who lives in the spare room but he's meant to be a draught excluder.

So no toys here unless they work for their upkeep! I'll have to find a job for Coco now.

 

Weight loss and makeup

I continue to lose weight. Another pound off this past week. It's all good and I can definitely see a difference in my figure.

I hope to have another fully made-up photo session soon. My epilation is good, my nails are good, my brows are tamed and I'm feeling more positive. I think the illness (2022) and death (2023) of my friend Kate, who gave me and others so much encouragement during lockdown, really took its toll, with so many other things, on my wish to look after my appearance. 

One friend has just reminded me of this song, and I certainly don't want to be just a boy named Sue, so makeup is back in my life.



Sue x





4 comments:

  1. Might Coco guard the PJ draw? I mean, a nice cocoa before bed and all that.

    🤔 Hmm. Do people have such a drink still before bedtime?

    I'll have a look for the artist's channel - drag, not Cash - and see what they're up to

    Good luck with reclaiming your mojo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. I don't recall having had cocoa before bed since childhood. That's after we'd raided the Ovaltineys gang hut and duffed them up, of course.

      Coco Peru is in the UK right now. I shall update my page to say so.

      Sue x

      Delete
  2. Nice whale :)

    As I type, I'm overlooked by three dogs, two pigs, five rabbits, one sheep, one fox, one rat, and one teddy bear, And that's just in this room.

    I like soft toys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      That's a lot of toys you've got. Enjoy. I'd keep the fox away from the rabbits, though, if I were you!

      Sue x

      Delete