Wednesday 3 April 2024

Slim, sexy and ... windswept

 Today I reached another milestone in my quest to lose weight: two stone off since November 1st. For those who work in metric, that's 12.7 kg. If I were still in the UK at Slimming World, where my current food optimising plan comes from, I'd get a shiny sticker for the achievement.

This week, I spent two days fully made up and took lots of photos (see previous post for Sunday's). Monday's pictures were of a more contemporary look with silver-grey lace-sleeve top, leather-look leggings, ankle boots and darker hair.



Although very sunny in this outdoor picture, the wind was strong and my hair was really getting blown about most of the time.

I still think I'm beginning to look old :-( ...


... but at least I can see the weight has come off, although there's still a  way to go (or is that a weigh to go?)


This is very much a current look among ladies in later middle age here and I have always been one who believes that blending in with what other women are wearing is best.

I didn't get out in the evening of Transgender Day of Visibility in the end. This is because of a torrential downpour and high winds that soaked my legs the moment I tried to step outside. Although there were high winds and rain/snow all over the Alps over the easter weekend, this was odd in that it came from Africa, bringing sand first, then precipitation. I found this fantastic photo to illustrate it, from Alessandro of Natural Mind Professional taken at Lake Lod at Chamois in the Italian Alps, north of where I live. The red layers of Saharan dust were blown in on March 30th and the snow on top fell on Sunday 31st. That translated to the rain where I was.

I was supposed to go away in the second half of this week but that plan fell through so I'll be getting my nail polish back on and trying out a few new outfits over the next few days. I hope there'll be more photos, too, as it's been a very long while since I was last willing or able to take some.

 

Feedspot

Thanks to Feedspot for continuing to feature and promote this blog among its Top Transwoman and Top Transgender blog lists, and for recently updating some of the info. 

Do check out some of the other excellent blogs they recommend:

Top Transwoman blogs 

Top Transgender blogs

Sue x


4 comments:

  1. Last week I was aiming for lightly touselled, but it escalated to windswept and dropped me off at the village of Hedge Backwards 😉

    Good to hear you're finding your femme mojo and have the time & space to be you.

    As to looking old, with luck, we all get there and if I may say, good to see you leaning in to stylish and classy.

    PS: ProTip: - worried about aging? Only look in the mirror without glasses, it's the new soft focus 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy to take pictures in a high wind. At least, not ones that can be posted! I have some spectacular "finger in the socket" shots!

      And thank you for your encouragement, Lynn.

      Sue x

      Delete
  2. Dear Sue, great that you keep loosing your weight as you plan. So much snow yet in the mountains. And you don´t look old....what should I say?
    Terrible wind here also....and nothing good for the hair. Congratulations for your listing in the top of the trans blogs.
    Have a good time and all the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your nice remarks, Violetta. That's very kind of you.

      I read about your experiences with the Föhn. I think the wind may be different here as I am where the mountains meet the sea, but the problem with hair remains the same!

      Sue x

      Delete