Thursday 29 September 2022

A girls' night in

 Photos at last! 

Much as Roz and I enjoyed eating out over the weekend, it does take a toll on the budget, so we stayed at home on a couple of evenings and I did the cooking. It's also easier to chat about trans life in private than when out in public. 

I mentioned my spicy bacon sauce for pasta in my last post but, when eating at home, I also had the opportunity to introduce Roz to some Italian salamis and cheeses that are not often exported, and two local wines. This region of Liguria is not known for its wine but there are some nice light, fruity ones.

As for trans life, well, although most of my clothes now come from the women's racks, when I am out and about I don't present as female at the moment. So Sunday evening was an opportunity to put my face on and look more the part! I did promise at the start of this month that I would prepare for prettiness so here's me at the opening of the new dressy-up season:


And full-length:


I thought a simple outfit would be best and I do like the wide-leg trousers as they are very comfortable.

Roz has been living full-time for some years and looks great. Here she is with her (in)famous Scottish beaver who sports a kilt, sporran and denim jacket. An LGBT activist, he never misses a Pride march!



Raimonda the Ray looks on! 

Here's the little devil on his own:


It's the goofy teeth and manic stare that endear him! Anyway, he didn't nibble anything he shouldn't have done and didn't fight with Cuthbert the Snake. (Cuthbert is a cuddly draught excluder).

Oh dear, I think we're reverting to childhood! Perhaps the soft toy menageries are something to be discussed (and maybe analysed on the couch) another day.

It's been several years since I have had a girls' night in and my adrenalin was going because it felt strange after so long. Strange but right. It was pretty amazing to be 'back' properly with another TGirl. 

 

I need to defuzz better now autumn's here but I expect more appearances with my makeup on (and skirts) as the season progresses.

I'm sad Roz had to return home since being with a lovely trans friend again after all this time has left me very happy. Next week, though, I have one of my oldest and closest (male) friends coming to stay and I am also looking forward to that visit very much.

Sue x

 


8 comments:

  1. What a fab post, filled with happy memories. While the bank balance may have taken a hit, I hope your waistline didn't.

    The wide trousers look very classy and fuzzy or not, I think you look very cool.

    PS: Regarding Roz's beaver (so to speak 🙂) top marks for the metal badge \m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn.
      The waistline hit is the reason for loose, elasticated trousers!
      I shall let Beaver know that his tastes are approved of!
      Sue xx

      Delete
  2. You have a menagerie? :)

    I have thirteen soft toys looking down on me at the moment: two dogs, two pigs, one sheep, five rabbits, one fox, one rat, and a teddy bear — and a load more bears in the other room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps menagerie is a generous term, certainly compared to your collection. I have various cuddly items that double as cushions and stuff, and some dragons. They are a recent innovation. Roz has rather more. Sue xx

      Delete
  3. Nice post Sue. I do love your two dressy up photos, especially your closeup, it looks very professional against the soft coloured backdrop.

    Those Italian salamis do sound nice and it was good that you and Roz were able to spend quality time together after what must seemed like forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the photos turned out well. That outside wall has just been repainted in the same shade throughout so it's a good backdrop to pictures.
      I was so happy to have a friend to stay - these years of isolation have taken their toll.
      Sue xx

      Delete
  4. Since lovely pictures, the wide leg trousers suit you.

    ReplyDelete