Thursday 1 September 2022

Plans for pretty

I haven't taken any photos all summer and that's because it's been too hot and my makeup will not stay on my face. You don't want to see me without it, believe me! Given that trans law states that photos must taken as often as possible, I'm at risk of being thrown out of the club!

Since recovering from eczema, though, I've not used oil-based foundations but only water-based ones and they just don't cope with this kind of heat. The temperature here has barely varied for ten weeks, not even by night. It's only just today dipped below 30°C (86°F), and by below I mean 29.5!

However, the slow drop in temperatures is making me consider a really good, thorough makeover this autumn. I'm growing my finger and toe nails long, smooth and even so that they will look their best when painted. That will be once the swimming pool closes mid-September. I'm applying my various new hair trimmers. And I keep adding items to my wardrobe. So I feel a fully feminine photo session coming up soon. Much as I like hot weather, I also like to feel pretty but this year the two things have been mutually exclusive. 

In some ways, getting ready to look one's best is a chore; but in others, it's part of the satisfaction of being a trans girl to see one's feminine aspects getting enhanced.

All will be revealed ...


In the Pink Fog

Charlotte Sparkle is blogging regularly again and I've added her interesting trans blog to the blogroll, right. Link here too: In the Pink Fog

Welcome, Lotte.


Creature feature

A few days ago I suggested that the gecko who shed his tail might get called Norbert Shortbutt. But a friend pointed out that the name wouldn't be apt if, or rather when, the tail regrew. This is a good point. So how about Hugo Regrow?

For all I know he's female and actually answers to the name of Xorktalinda, Princess of Night and Stalker of the Shrubbery, Slayer of Ants, Scourge of Moths! Still, there are lots of these geckos about in the evening, not just this one. It's considered good luck to have them adopt you and this is partly why these critters keep featuring here!


 Sue x

 

8 comments:

  1. "I feel a fully feminine photo session coming up soon", funny that because I've been thinking the same thing too and I'm long overdue.

    I know what you mean about getting ready being a chore but like you say the effort can be worth it. Hugo Regrow is a good name.

    Thanks for the mention, glad you find my blog interesting. I'm trying to blog more regularly now. Often I have plenty to write about but I struggle to get the words out of my head and onto the page.

    Cute creature feature shot! It must be cool to have these about the place of an evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your comments, Lotte. I look forward to seeing any new pics you might want to post on your blog. Sue xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear European lizards are less trouble than Nottingham Chameons. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm here all week! Try the vegetarian beef! ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Hugo sounds a good name and long may the Dark Lord/Lady of Insect Slayer strut their stuff. Maybe their tail week grow back. I think some do, although it tends to be shorter. If only that was true of body hair for us as well.

    FWIW, I didn't get thrown out of the Alphabet Mafia during COVID, so perhaps they've gone very inclusive and caring. ๐Ÿคž

    With temperatures returning to move civilised levels, I wonder if the Trans hibernation will be over for others too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. Humans have lost the ability to regrow lost limbs, but scientists are apparently working on how the relevant genes might be switched on again so that if you chop your thumb off it'll grow back rather than you having to get a prosthetic (hey, these things cost and the NHS is strapped for cash!). Whilst they're at it, they could look at how to regrow head hair and reduce body hair. That'd be useful too! Sue xx

      Delete
    2. Last month there was a new story about research into what causes hair loss and the discovery of the molecule (protein?) that controlled a hair follicle's growth.

      We just need a red and a green bottle: switch on and switch off. One for the face & legs, the other for the bonce ๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete
    3. That would be marvellous. I hereby appoint you Follicle Comptroller Royal. Arise Dame Lynn! Sue xx

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete