Wednesday 14 December 2022

Fleece-lined tights

 I have recently been bombarded with advertisements for fleece-lined tights and leggings. The latter have certainly been around for a while but fleecy tights/pantyhose seem a new venture. If not then they've never registered in my mind before. Maybe a lack of past advertising (unlike Smeg kettles!) 

They are designed to look like sheer tights from the outside as the underlying fleece has a skin tone. I feel the cold terribly and in winter I have always worn tights even under jeans/leggings. The idea of wearing what seem like sheer tights but something that is actually much warmer appeals a lot as it promotes shorter skirt styles on cold days.



Online, prices range from the suspiciously cheap to the very expensive. I've borrowed the photo above as it's used by several online retailers with wildly different prices for what is presumably the same item. (So the secret, as always, is to buy online only from firms you know to be genuine retailers or which have been recommended by people you can trust.)

Has anyone tried them or can recommend them? I have seen other women wearing these but on two occasions they've been badly laddered, as if the sheer upper layer is flimsy. As they are usually black, ladders show a lot, although today I did see a near-white pair (that actually looked a bit unusual, a sort of buttercream effect). It's not necessarily the case that more expensive tights last longer than cheap ones.

Keep warm, girls! Winter's here.

Sue x


4 comments:

  1. A lady at Chams had a pair on and while she didn't name the brand, seemed happy with them.

    From was said, it seems the lined tights are more suitable for boots or possibly shoe boots at a push.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Lynn. I've only seen them worn with knee-high boots. A GG friend on another site assures me they are toasty if dull. Sue xx

      Delete
  2. I can't help but think of Nora Batty from Last of the Summer Wine when I think of those fleece lined tights. I'm sure they aren't as bad as Nora's stockings and I imagine they're good for keeping warm during the winter months. I would expect such tights would make your legs look chunky though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I have seen women with them on and they certainly do add thickness to legs, although I haven't seen any mad wrinkles, just ladders. Sue x

      Delete