Saturday 31 December 2022

Summing up 2022

 I usually end the year with a review of my adventures as a trans woman but, truth be told, there have hardly been any adventures this year! I dress as a woman all the time now, even if I am not presenting as a woman. Yes, it's complicated, but that's trans life for you. So I've been buying a lot of clothes.

I did enjoy time with my lovely friend Roz a few weeks ago, and we even had time for photos.

I think I might use this one as my avatar in 2023:


I was also excited to be sent some photos of past events by KD and there's another of those below. I must make a proper archive of pictures so I won't have to keep coming across them randomly!


The world as I knew it has gone now and the troubles we face are characterised by extreme nationalism and that brings a lot of transphobia. That said, it's the ruling élites who are transphobic. I have repeatedly said this year, despite the abuse and onslaught of transphobes - from TERFS to religious clerics to dictators - that actually the public has worse things to worry about and do not share this hate for trans people. I am cautious but I think we will improve our position, as recent political moves show.

Covid is reducing and it has now been possible to start eating out again and going on holiday. I have just got back from a lovely Christmas holiday in France with friends (more on that in the new year). I desperately need to travel again after three years of Covid restrictions and I hope that 2023 will be a year of exploration.

Thanks to all of you who have left comments this year. Thanks also to sites like T-Central and FeedSpot for promoting trans blogs like mine. And to the other trans people who blog and vlog about the trans experience.

Let me and the Christmas Kitten I saw in France wish you a good New Year celebration and a coming year that will be better all round. 


Sue x

4 comments:

  1. And thanks to you for keeping on blogging 🙂

    Happy New Year, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan. All the best for 2023. Sue x

      Delete
  2. It's a fine photo of you, Sue. I'm with you on 2022 being rather quite on being out & about - I say that as someone who's not managed to be out much - so thank you for sharing your thoughts, activities, and look backs.

    Here's hoping 2023 is a better year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn. Maybe instead of hoping, we need to be determined to make 2023 a better year for us all. Sue x

      Delete