Wednesday 25 October 2023

How many shoes can you get in a suitcase?

 On Monday morning I woke to a ghostly fog creeping over everything and I decided that it was time to book my return journey to the Mediterranean. Mists and mellow fruitfulness are all very well in small doses but I need sunshine! So I'll be leaving England next Monday.

I now have the difficult task of deciding which things I'd like to take away, and which I'd like to keep here. I've just bought more panties and bras (the non-explosive kind) and I brought various skirts, tops, shoes, camisoles, leggings, sweaters, wigs, nail varnishes and other things from storage. Clothes and makeup pack easily, but shoes and wigs are bulky and I'll have to restrict what I can take. I think the best thing is to take one representative of each style, colour and heel height, like this:


High heels, kitten heels, block heels, wedges and flats; sandals, courts, booties; closed and open-toed; in black, white, tan and pink; in leather and suede. It's a good mix, I think.

The same for things like bras: white, black, pink, blue; T-shirt, full cup; underwired and not; with foam inserts or without (and no gel!)

And so on. A good mix to cover all scenarios.


Storms

Last week Britain suffered from Storm Babet and, at the same time, the riviera from Storm Aline. It wasn't too bad in Cheshire, England, nor too bad where I live in Italy, apparently, although just across the border in France it was a bit of a rerun of Storm Alex of 2020, with roads cut and rivers bursting their banks. Originally, I had plans to return to Italy last Friday and it's just as well I delayed my departure as I'd have been stuck in the torrential rain in Nice with trains cancelled. 

It's always very upsetting to hear of people who have been flooded out or had they property damaged, been injured or have died in such events. With the mass slaughter currently going on in Eastern Europe and the Levant, one must try not to grow inured to personal tragedies like this that seem less newsworthy.


A dip in the archives

It was ten years ago this week that we did our second T-Girl Bar at the Erotica Fair. It's by far my most popular post on this blog but, inevitably, I have to feature it for the tenth anniversary of that fabulous event. If you haven't read about it before, here's the link:

The TGirl Bar 2013


Sue x

2 comments:

  1. "We're going to need a bigger boat" 😉

    Ah, the tricky dilemma of packing. I think the was a holiday article about this, and the author had quizzed friends and colleagues on their ideas. The one that I still use is to pack the hard/inflexible items first, and then slot other stuff in and around them. Rolling clothes into tubes or packing tights into bra cups seems to help too. Oh, and keeping nail varnish in air tight bag, just in case.

    Yes, the storms have not been great and some folk have been severely affected, the poor souls. Luckily, we only had a lot of flooding locally, which affected traffic but not home or people. Further north in the county and in Derbyshire it was far worse.

    Safe journey home and hopefully the cold mists will be a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn.
      And thanks for the tips. Yes, the shoe boxes are full of knickers now as well as shoes!
      Sue x

      Delete