Monday 13 November 2023

Winter wardrobe preferences

 Discretion time. I have the builders in (not a euphemism, I mean for real). They're working with various residents to repair damage from last week's storm and to complete works that were started four years ago, got interrupted by the pandemic and were then finished hurriedly, leaving bits still to do. Of course, it means that I have to be more discreet with what I hang on my washing line. Not that it's any of their business but it's best not to invite curiosity.

It's getting colder but I am holding off putting on the central heating for as long as possible. It's not so much the high cost of gas these days as the psychological effect of doing so. It confirms the cold season's arrived and spring is a long way away. I tolerate cold very badly, which is why I moved from Northern Europe to Southern Europe (that, and the horrible political situation in Britain where I used to live). 

Though winter does mean, as I often say, that you can break out the smarter fashions. Cold weather requires more clothes and we TGirls are into clothes, especially smart ones. Partly because of the cold, partly for fashion reasons, I love knee-length boots best, even though they make a short girl like me look shorter.


A good coat and scarf never go amiss either. These models here show what I mean:

 


I've also got the long winter nighties out. A pink satin one with lace detail has always been my favourite. That was very welcome in bed last night as the temperature dropped.

OK, I don't like heavier dresses, tops or skirts as much as I like summer ones, and I prefer sheer to opaque tights but, let's face it, when you're a TGirl, wearing any dress or skirt is better than being forced not to. 


As ever, my faithful skinny jeans are on hand for a casual look. I do love leggings but they're not very warm in winter. Be warned that wearing tights under many leggings to warm you up creates elastane overkill and makes your legs very shiny. Maybe you want the disco pants look but it's a bit much for a day shopping in town!

My latest pair of knee-high boots on the train

 

Anyway, photos from home when the builders have gone.


Comments

There seem to be new problems with commenting on Blogger. If it doesn't accept your profile, just opt for Anonymous. I restrict comments to those registered on Blogger as this has done a lot to reduce spam, trolls and other undesirables.

Have a good week.

Sue x



3 comments:

  1. Ah, the dreaded elastane effect. When did leggings become trousers, BTW? Well, for the younger folk at least. Would recommend wool blend tights if trying to keep warm and avoid the disco issue.

    Hopefully the building work will be done quickly. Are you on tea & biscuit duty to assist? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn.

      I have always held back about writing all my thoughts on the subject of leggings, about which I have strong views. Don't get me wrong, they are an excellent and versatile garment, I wear them much of the time and I recommend them for a whole range of outfits and purposes. But there are wrong ways of wearing them ... so many wrong ways!

      Builders here aren't interested in tea (6 sugars in mine, love), or biscuits. However, a strong black espresso is often appreciated.

      After four years of waiting for some jobs to be finished, it's going to feel weird when they are!

      Sue x

      Delete
    2. Only six sugars? Lightweights! 😉

      Delete