Friday 3 November 2023

Learning to walk in heels again

 It's been five years since I walked out in high heels. Yes, that long. Having my leg mashed by a cyclist was the main cause and Covid lockdowns protracted that time out.

I've brought some heels home with me from storage. You might rightly ask why on earth I didn't buy any recently, especially as I now live in Italy, the home of classy clothes; but the reason is just that: the classy clothes. Italian shoes are super chic but they are meant to look good in, not for actually walking about in. If you must move around, buy a Ferrari! is the attitude. Seriously, those Italian shoes, chic and expensive, are not for pounding the streets doing shopping in all weathers. The leather is beautiful but delicate, the fit too tight. British or German made shoes work better for that, uglier, cheaper and chunkier though they may be.

Of course, I've had heels to wear all this time (I'm a trans girl for goodness' sake!) but I am very unused to wearing them now, so I am getting accustomed to that again by donning my 4-inch heels each day. Ouchie! I'm definitely out of practice.


Bravaganza!

I was quite upset by my most costly brassière exploding in my hands the other week so I brought a lot of other bras with me from England, forgetting how many I already had in my drawer. I even bought some more of my everyday favourites (M&S full-cup underwired T-shirt bras with a satin look in various colours). Having survived lockdown with just three bras, now my drawer is bursting with them. They say you needn't put a bra in the wash every day, though I prefer to (yes, I like to make a clean breast of things!) so now I can wear something different every day for weeks! 

Having grown my own boobies (no hormones taken), I'd still like them a bit bigger. On the other hand, there's always the Fertility Goddess Look to aspire to that should see me using my entire bra collection all at once ...

Artemis of Ephesus

 

Storms II

It's storm season but there's been an unusual amount of destruction this year. We've just had our third storm in a fortnight, with torrential rain yesterday and a severe gale today. I've never seen waves so high here. 

A few days ago there was flooding in Milan, which remains my official place of residence, when the Seveso River burst. I remember the river as a kid when it was just that, and then they put it in a pipe and built roads over it but didn't do a proper job and every storm sees the pipe overflow, only this time it flooded several city districts. 

I had hoped to go and see the Jean Cocteau Museum in Menton this weekend that I mentioned a couple of months ago but it is shut because of damage from last week's storm. 

Fingers crossed that that's it for 2023's rough weather season. Stay safe and dry.

Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Have you been working your way up, so to speak? Rather than going flat to four? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I just jumped right in! Maybe your method is wiser, so I don't put my foot in it, so to speak.
      Sue x

      Delete
  2. High Heels , yes of course I am a crossdresser and therefore lover of these shoes. But to wear them out on the road - difficult. And if they are too high you will attrac attention because of the height you´re getting.
    I prefer up to 5 cm. j
    I hope you got well through this nasty weather in Italy. j
    All the best and thanks for your nice visits in to my blog.
    Violetta
    https://violettaarden9.blogspot.com/2023/11/blogger-parade-dirty-weather.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Violetta.

      In the past I usually wore 8 centimetre heels because that was the fashionable height in the 1990s when I started buying heels regularly so that was the height I learned to balance on!

      The weather has been very bad and I am about to write more about it because it has caused damage, sadly.

      Your blog is beautiful. Do keep it up.

      Sue x

      Delete