Thursday 2 May 2024

So how did my slimming drive go?

 I've spent the last six months diligently losing weight because I am sick of being overweight and less healthy, and because I really want to get back into those pretty little dresses and short skirts I used to wear.

My challenging target was to lose 50 pounds between November 1st and April 30th. I wasn't able to weigh myself at the end of April because I was travelling, so my last weigh-in was the morning of 28 April when I was 71.8 kilos or 11 stone 4 pounds (i.e. 158 pounds). That's a loss of 32 pounds overall.

So I managed almost two-thirds of my target. I am very pleased with my achievement as I look and feel different and don't have all that far to go to get into my ideal weight range.

Today I tried on a couple of those little dresses I had in mind and they fit reasonably nicely. A little bit of tummy shows still, but I can wear these again now without embarrassment as the cotton material is a bit stretchy. That makes me happy. 

I'm wearing some of my smaller size black coated jeggings now and they fit me again. It's just as well because a light lunch in Chester city centre sitting near two women dressed casually but neatly with lovely makeup, jewellery and hair sent my dysphoria skyrocketing. Why couldn't I have been born a girl? Life would have made so much more sense! Anyway, we aim a least to look right so as ease these feelings.

So I think that I'll be back at my healthy weight some time this summer. Warmer weather means no stodgy winter food and lighter meals, as well as a greater desire for outdoor exercise. 

Thanks to all my readers who posted encouragement during my slimming drive. It really helped.


Itinerary

As you'll have seen, I'm back in the UK now after a pleasant journey through France by train, stopping a night in Nice. I stopped in my old town of Twickenham and I'll now be in the city of Chester for a week. Then I'll be spending a weekend with a sister in the North of England. After that I'll be spending a week in Scotland with my friend Roz and may well get some proper fem time. Later in the month I'll be visiting another sister in London and catching up with friends and, if all goes to plan, having a meal out with my trans girlfriends there, like in the old days. After that I'll be staying with a friend in Sussex for a couple of days. I'm likely to return to my main home in Italy very early in June, travelling by train, this time stopping in Paris.

Quite a complex and wide-ranging itinerary, therefore, with absolute male mode for seeing family, unfortunately, but a more natural feminine focus the rest of the time and some proper girly time with other TGirls.

I'll be posting my adventures as they happen, starting with France. I visited my deposit in London and, as well as collecting various items of clothing, I also picked up all the photos ever taken professionally of me, either by my photographer friend Stella or at the Boudoir Dressing Service in 2004-08. So I'll be able to share more of those.

Slim and hot; it's the way to be!


Sue x


2 comments:

  1. Good look with the visits and travel, Sue. A walk around Chester's walls and indeed down by the river can, IMO, be good for the soul and the waistline. Just... maybe don't stop at the tea room to refuel with a scone 🙂

    Ah, dysphoria triggers: why can't they just do one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your support throughout my slimming drive, Lynn. It's meant a lot. I'll be posting about Chester soon. And confessing that I have actually eaten two scones already! Oops!

      Sue x

      Delete