Thursday 12 August 2021

Scorcher

 A brief post as I'll be writing more extensively on Saturday but just to say that it's very hot! Relatively speaking, it's not too bad where I live, where temperatures in the shade today are a mere 32°C (90° F), but elsewhere in the Mediterranean it's been reaching 48+°C (120°F) and fires are raging after a month of exceptional heat creating tinder-dry forests. It's a worry.

A couple of months back I wrote some ideas about how to cope with summer's heat if you are a TGirl needing wig and makeup. Much as I love the heat, I'm finding even just a swimsuit or bikini a bit oppressive. 

This weekend represents the height of the holiday season and I'm planning to stay cool and quiet till it's less crowded and not quite so tropical. 

They love it!

 

A dip in the archives

I recall the Sparkle 2013 transgender festival very well as that summer was very hot, and incredibly so for Manchester, which is renowned for it's cool, wet climate. We survived, though, but a lot of girls from the more northern parts of Britain couldn't believe it!

Sparkle 2013

 

I do miss Sparkle!

Sue x


Cari lettori italiani

Oggi fa caldo, anche qui in Liguria. Le notizie che provvengono dalla Sicilia e dalla Sardegna sugli incendi mi rendono molto triste. Dobbiamo agire prestissimo sui problemi del clima provocati dal nostro stile di vita. Ho paura che sia troppo tardi, però.

Sue x

2 comments:

  1. A mere 32? Eesh. It was early 20s today and that's quite warm enough thank you 😉

    I hope you're managing to stay cool somehow and keeping safe from the wildfires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have ice cream in the freezer. That seems to work! The fires thankfully haven't been very noticeable here (so far and let's not tempt fate) but in Greece, Turkey and Southern Itaky they've been killers. It's a sign of the future, sadly. Sue x

      Delete