Sunday 29 January 2023

Odd coincidences, but no stress

 I put my favourite old dress on the other evening wanting to go out on the terrace ... and my next door neighbour suddenly turned up after six months away in Australia. Our terraces overlook each other a bit and, as I don't want 'the conversation' (i.e. "Hi, Bob... er, why exactly are you dressed like that?"), I swap my frock for flat-front trousers. Still feminine but not going to arouse comment, especially as darkness falls.

I start drafting a blog post about a bit of sleuthing on transgender acceptance as discovered by the Scooby-Doo gang, and a fellow blogger quotes the very line that I am to use! Jinkies! Sure is a creepy coincidence!

I set the week aside to try to finalise the last legal matter concerning my citizenship and residence in Italy and my email provider here crashes ... for the entire week!

Never mind. There are solutions. I'm trying to live as stress-free as possible as I've had my fill of that over the last few years and I've realised that I have actually been running on an empty energy tank for quite a while. I've booked a trip to Spain for the week after next, a slow panoramic journey by train stopping off at various places in France there and back. It should be relaxing. I find travelling slowly is a better experience than just zooming somewhere in a jet.

Although being trans has so many problems attached, I just try to enjoy the nice aspects of it: that lovely perfume I spray on, the pretty colours of my girl clothes in the wardrobe, the lace and cute bows and sparkly bits, the heels on my shoes giving me height, the easy-reading chick lit on my bedside table, the cerise pink font on my blog... and good friends. I've made some special friends since emerging into the world as Sue.

Superficial? I don't think so. My favourite things include sunshine, the colour green, a starry sky, a good book, soft clothes, a warm embrace, a sweeping panorama, an evening spent giggling in company. Much of that is free, yet priceless.

 

Have a good weekend and I hope you feel pretty.

Sue x

5 comments:

  1. You captured the true essence of femininity. Being transgender is complicated yet compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, popular culture references and shared references. Apologies for the psychic disturbance! ๐Ÿ™‚ Tsk, meddling bloggers eh? ๐Ÿ˜

    "...I find travelling slowly is a better experience..."

    Indeed. If you choose correctly - or fortunately - a long trip can be the highlight of the holiday, IMO.

    I quite like to wander about in a new place, rather than take public transport. Partly from the concern of getting on the wrong bus/team/subway, but also it seems easier to take more in. Buildings, people, surprise architecture/art/shops, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psychic disturbance: I think we crossed the streams!

      Yes, I've always been one for walking a city or countryside - you miss a lot in a vehicle. Long distance, I prefer trains to planes as you can take in the landscape better (and not feel so squashed and nauseous with air pressure! Or have the bullies at airport security. Don't get me started...)

      Sue x

      Delete
    2. "...crossed the streams..."

      ๐Ÿ˜

      "Sue, if someone asks 'are you trans?' you say 'yes'!" ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete