Sunday 26 February 2023

In the pink

 A couple of times this winter (here and here) I've noticed a trend in designer shop windows for an all-over pink look, specifically cerise, which is the colour of this font. I said I'd comment in more detail one day and that day has arrived ...

 
 

Much as I love the colour, I did doubt it would catch on. I was wrong. This week I saw a woman in all-over pink - boots, tights, blouse and jacket. Her leather miniskirt was a little darker. The outfit was quite striking and I couldn't quite believe it. (I have no photo of her as it's rude to snap strangers without their permission.) But then I saw a young girl and another woman in all-over pink, too. Finally, the other day, I saw this image from designer John Richmond (no relation) in a menswear shop window ... and now I know this is the look for 2023!

(c) John Richmond
 

I'm in two minds about this. I love the colour, but can you have too much of a good thing? Both boys and girls in the same shade? 

Pink tights are OK on a little girl but I've never been convinced about grown-ups in pastel shade tights. There was a certainly a brief fashion 15 years ago for unusual coloured tights and I have tights in shades of turquoise, purple and avocado green (!) from that era (the last was a big thing at the time, believe it or not). These are Aristoc 50 denier and really the softest, most comfortable pairs of tights I've got. Pity about the hideous shades, but such is fashion! And I have a lot of pink items in my wardrobe from tops to shoes, but I've never tried all-over pink!

My most popular photo on Flickr. Striking pink but with lots of black.


What do you reckon? Is all-over cerise pink a good look? A brief one-off trend or the decade's hot fashion? It's usually impossible to tell beforehand what will capture the imagination of the public. 

Anyway, friends, stay in the pink!

Sue x


4 comments:

  1. Hello Sue, I like pink - but not always - sometimes it reminds me of sweets :-) . But you look good in in. Greetings from a Part-Time-Lady in Austria
    https://violettaarden9.blogspot.com/2023/02/lust-auf-shopping.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Violetta. Nice of you to say so. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Dear Sue, I am with Violetta on this, some pink is okay but not too much. I have some nice outfits with a little bit of pink in them, that I can then underline with a pink scarf. I do really like the picture of you. Great outfit and a fantastic expression on your face. No wonder it is the most popular. Love, Franzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Franzi. I usually have a little bit of pink, but not lots. Sue x

      Delete