Sunday 9 April 2023

Life cycles

 Happy easter! I hope you're having a good weekend. And that the easter bunny has brought you something nice.

I'm a chocolate fan, but also overweight, and easter is therefore a time when conscience wrestles with indulgence, and usually loses! But I've been a good girl today and not unwrapped my easter egg yet, but I will tomorrow when my sister is here to share it.

It's one of the times of year for exchanging greetings. My emotions have been a bit muddled today. I got a message saying that an old lady I knew, my neighbour for 22 years, died last week. She was 88. She was the best neighbour I could have wished for. I got another message today saying that a lovely friend of mine is dying and there's nothing more the doctors can do. Both items of news made me very teary and upset. But then I got more messages: two other friends of mine are expecting grandchildren. So that's lovely. A life ends and another begins. And the babies are coming into families I know will cherish them.


 

In the second half of the month, I also hope to go back to England where boxes and boxes of shoes and skirts and wigs and earrings and all manner of feminine things are still stuck in storage after these years of chaos. My journey depends on the French not being on strike, though, as I have to go through or over France. I'll let you know if I make it! And what all the goodies are that I can try on again.

Sue x


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your neighbour and the news about your friend. I hope these things go as well as they can.

    BTW, if you're coming to the UK, you may want to avoid Dover at the mo. Who'd a thunk leaving the EU would've been so problematic? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn. I will go back to Britain when I deem it to be least stressful. Given that I wanted to return in spring last year, my policy of waiting is quite long drawn out. Sue x

      Delete
  2. Dear Sue, I am also sorry to hear about the news from Britain that you report on. Our Easter travels have brought us to northern Italy, which we visit two to three times a year and always immensely enjoy. But those visits are always a challenge in terms of weight control :-) I had proposed for one day of this trip to be spent with Franzi, but my wife did not feel comfortable with that due to safety concerns. Best wishes, Franzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Franzi. It's good that you have a wife you knows about your feminine side and is supportive, though I understand her worries about safety. Italy is usually safe for trans people / crossdressers. Sue x

      Delete