Monday 27 September 2021

Those hidey holes again

 Tomorrow I am having a relative come to stay for a few days. Although good from the point of view of getting back to normality, I have had to put away my feminine things. Although politically in favour of LGBT matters, I wouldn't expect him to understand what it actually is to be trans. If fact, a couple of years ago I was out with him and we were passed by a very pretty trans woman. "It's one of those transsexuals," he said, "She's actually a man, you know." Sigh! "Shall I 'educate' him a bit?" I thought. Best just bite my lip and carry on. 

So the shoes in the spare room, my chick lit, my girly notebooks, my pretty ornaments and similar have been put in a special container I bought for just this purpose. It was only a few weeks ago that I wrote about creating hiding places as a child (Hiding the stash from the goons) and this is something of a throwback to those times. 

It's not that I am fearful of being known as trans, it's just that trying to explain trans life to people who have difficulty understanding can be really, really exhausting and can end badly (see Good and bad allies). So, back to operating my "need to know" policy on outing myself.

 

Weight loss progress

I was very excited at the end of July after setting myself the challenge to lose another half stone (3.2 kg) that month and achieved it (Health benefits). But then I had two periods away from home so I had less control over food, and it became very hot in August so that ice-cream became an essential food or I would have died! And you wouldn't want that, now would you? So I've been on a weight loss plateau for the last two months. Last week I decided to get a grip, lost nearly 3 pounds and am now just shy of the half-way point in my weight loss programme. I haven't taken any photos for ages so when I achieve that point I will smarten up, put my face on properly and take some full-lengh pics as a record.

You can see from this photo from two years ago how plump I had become, and that was before Covid lockdowns forced us all to stay at home and be lazy.

 

Autumn

Three spectacular thunderstorms yesterday with torrential rain mark the end of a fortnight of beautiful weather and the opening of the autumn storm season. I'm hoping we don't have a repeat of the destructive Storm Alex there was last year (Humanity rises to the challenge). Fingers crossed.

 

A dip in the archives

 I've lived in my new home in Italy for two years to the day. Originally planned as a temporary home, I think I will actually stay now for the foreseeable future. Here are posts from one and two years ago which have pretty photos of the region of Liguria where I now live.

Looking for a new home

Lying low 


Sue x


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with 'deprincessing' your house 🙂 and I hope the visit goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie. I shall be adopting the term 'deprincessing' :-) Sue x

      Delete
  2. why hide .you done nothing wrong .VERY AMAZING ..LADY ,. this person coming to see you a Relative SHOULD be MORE UNDERSTANDING ....be YOUR SELF ..A LADY, there will allways be People whos views/judgements are very Snotty Nosed , .i get them very often Being Disabled .Mark.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Mark. You are right in many ways but my relative has a lot of significant physical and mental health conditions, is making a long and difficult journey to see me that is going to wear him out physically and emotionally and adding a big revelation to all that about my being trans is simply going to make everything too stressful for him and me. So under different circumstances, I'd come out to him, but this is not the right occasion. Sue x

      Delete