Friday, 18 September 2026

Joy in picking clothes for the season

 Blogger (run by Google) is going through one of its clunky phases and the blogrolls are not updating properly so I've no idea if readers will see that there's a new post here. So if you're reading this, thanks for making the effort drop by. 

The problem seems to be improving little by little. Google and all its services also seem to be going rapidly to pot these days, like all the other online stuff that was once worthwhile has already done (I'm looking at you Facebook, Twitter, and more). As for Google's AI on their search engine, it is so atrocious it should be banned.

In the interests of Posiblogging™, though, let's talk about better stuff. 

The weather where I am is wonderful. It's what the summer should have been - warm but not oppressive, sunny but not scalding, dry but not arid. 

I'm packing a suitcase to travel to the British Isles for the next two weeks where the weather in September could be almost anything. So although light summer dresses and strappy sandals are lovely, there's something satisfying about getting ready for autumn with its need for more clothing. We TGirls rely on our clothing to emphasise who we are so, in some respects, more clothes = clearer feminine intent. 

I'll be going to Scotland for several days and, actually, although I love the feel of hot sun on my bare skin, after this long summer I'm now also looking forward to changing into a longer skirt, a good pair of smart boots and a pretty sweater. I'll be glad to suffer a lot less perspiration, too.

Whether I get any shopping time in London as part of the same trip really depends on circumstances. I've lost a lot of property in a flood in June and dealing with the insurance has taken a lot of my time recently. But it also means I'll almost certainly go back to London again before the end of the year to finalise things. London in the run-up to Christmas has always been impressive with its lit-up shops, illuminations and huge Christmas trees. 

So it's fun to plan my outdoor outfits for the coming seasons. Autumn colours and motifs, smart skirts and coats, robust footwear, warm soft hosiery... As I implied above, clothes are more significant as a trans woman than a cis woman and need more planning and preparation. In some ways that's a pest; in another, it's one of the joys of being trans. 

 

Spring
Have a nice weekend, and thanks for making it through Blogger's broken update system. 

Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment